Tuesday, January 09, 2007

2007 Goals

It took a while, but I've determined my goals for this year. Yes, I know, the year is already 1/37 over, but I'll have to cope with the shortened timespan. So anyway, the reason for posting the goals is for accountability, and so I have a place where I can refer to them, should the need arise.

1. Get at least 5 union voiceover gigs: Yes, it's being optimistic, but I think I can do it.
2. Get one national gig: This will likely overlap with goal #1
3. Get at least three agents in the local market: The local market includes Milwaukee, and at present, I have one there. So getting two more shouldn't be that much of a hassle.
4. Get into both SAG and AFTRA: Getting to the point of being Taft/Hartleyed, but not actually "in" is sufficient, although with goal #1 being what it is, it'll be more likely that I'll have to be actually "in."
5. Drop my bodyfat to 12%: I don't know where I am right now, but I'd estimate around 24%. This is a more definable goal than saying "I'll get back in the gym," and it's less restrictive (if I'm working out by running or martial arts, I'm not really "In the gym").
6. Travel at least four times: I'm already 25% done with that.
7. Get my headshots done: I'm thinking this is a good goal for after I've trimmed down a bit.
8. Join the Fighting 501st: They're a group of Star Wars costume enthusiasts, primarily stormtroopers. I've had the stormtrooper outfit in a box for almost two years now, and the first part of joining is to build the suit.
9. Make enough with voiceover that one of us can quit our day job: It'll likely be Heidi, as my schedule isn't hindered by VO auditions, and she's likely to pick up a sizeable freelance income.
10. Brew at least four batches of beer: This is one of those goals I'll probably exceed, but I'm OK with that, too.
11. Read the Bible from beginning to end: So far, I'm doing really well with this. The previous disconnect was that I had a bad history with the version I was using (NKJV). Heidi got me an NIV Bible, and also suggested I do my VO warmups with it. Both really good choices.

So anyway, them's the goals. If you'll notice, there are two more than last year, and last year I didn't even finish half of them. Why do I think I can succeed with eleven when I didn't succeed with nine (or for that matter, five)? Because I know what held me back previously, and I'm willing to put up a fight to get them done.

No comments: