Thursday, October 13, 2005

Wallace & Gromit

Heidi and I just saw the new Wallace & Gromit movie last night. Freakin' outstanding. Odd, but it used to be that all the good movies were out in the summer, and they waited for all the mediocre ones to come out at other times. Sometime around 10-15 years ago, the holidays became a good move time. Now, I'm liking the holidays movie time significantly more than summer (admittedly, I'm also older, so maybe it's a change in perspective). But regarding this particular movie, I didn't have very high hopes for it. I thought the third Wallace and Gromit short was nice, but nothing spectacular. But the characterizations in this show were better than most live-action actors. Gromit, especially. Admittedly, when you have a character that doesn't talk, he has to be expressive, but I've never seen an animated character be as expressive as he was, with or without dialogue. This was sweet, yet not sickening, it had action, yet I'd still bring my kids to it (if I had kids), it was hysterically funny to pretty much anyone who would watch it. I would venture that there's more humor that adults would catch than there is that kids would appreciate. Crap, I found myself practically doubled over with mirth every time a character showed up. And the movies they satirized! They did The Wolfman (of course), King Kong, Jaws, Omen, and countless others that I didn't quite get, but I knew were drawn from other sources. This here is a horrible movie review, but this was a fantastic movie. Watch it. You'll not be disappointed. Given the choice, see Serenity, but if you see two movies this month, see Serenity and this one.

1 comment:

Esther said...

hi! thanks for the 1 eprop, lol :P