Sunday, December 31, 2006

Geek Weekend

We had the first Geek Weekend party yesterday, which consisted of many friends coming over to worship at the Altar of Entertainment for several hours. We watched Firefly; not the whole series (although we feasibly could have), but most of it. Despite the hour-long socializing breaks between discs, we managed to stuff 11 epsiodes down our television-gluttonous gorges. It was freakin' lovely. Good friends came to hang out, sit on our couches, eat our food and watch far too much TV in one sitting. This is pretty much the reason we have the place that we do. Yes, my eyes are tired and my legs are cramped, but it was a successful day of fun geeking.

2 comments:

Nathaniel said...

Some might say you had a Shindig.

Tracy Lee V said...

I love Firefly. What a great series. I took a poll online, and it turns out I'm Zoe. This made me extremely happy.

Also, I don't think Firefly is that geeky. I think if most people watched it, they'd like it. But since people don't watch it, maybe that makes it geeky. Or the fact that it's a sci-fi Western. Geeky or not, it's a great series.