Sunday, February 04, 2007

2007 Goals, Update 1

As usual, I'm updating everyone on the progress of my goals. Much like the original goal posting, the update is a little late, but I had pretty big news that I wanted to post on the first of the month. In any case, here's how we're doing with the goals.

1. Get at least 5 union voiceover gigs: Not even one yet, but I'm on may way.
2. Get one national gig: Not so much.
3. Get at least three agents in the local market: I have one; no change from late last year.
4. Get into both SAG and AFTRA: Bupkus
5. Drop my bodyfat to 12%: We joined the Y last week, and both have had our first meeting with one of the trainers. We're also eating healthier, so it's a start. Still don't know where I am as far as bodyfat, though.
6. Travel at least four times: 1 down, 3 to go
7. Get my headshots done: Bupkus
8. Join the Fighting 501st: I'm waiting till it's warmer before I can set up a card table in the garage and get to work.
9. Make enough with voiceover that one of us can quit our day job: Well, I at least made SOME money with voiceover. It's a start.
10. Brew at least four batches of beer: Bupkus
11. Read the Bible from beginning to end: So far, I'm doing really well with this. The one year Bible thing (where they group readings into 365 dated entries) helps a lot.

So, my plan for this month is to at least plan my first brew of the year, work out both my body and my voice regularly, and keep auditioning. I also want to do an agency mailing, but I'm not sure if that's going to be possible for this month. A lot of my goals are out of my direct circle of influence, so prayer is a large portion of my tasks for this month as well.

No comments: