Monday, November 21, 2005

Yikes

Sorry for the lack of posting. I have this tendency to not post when A) I'm busy, B) I don't know what I'm feeling, or C) there's just not much to post about (lapses that fall into C tend to last a couple days at most). A and B have been high on my list for a fair amount of time. Basically, I spent most of last week panicking about my feelings about Heidi, whether I should continue down the inevitable path we're heading down. This was just standard "Oh, my God, I'm not going to be single anymore" panic. It came quickly, and after talking with a couple people who are exceptionally valuable in my life, it left quickly. Mattox was over last Tuesday and we had an angst-fest. Between my real-life drama and Battlestar Galactica (he hadn't seen any of season 2 yet), we got our fill of angst, and he gave me some outstanding advice. Wednesday, Heidi and I had a talk about my freak-out. The kicker, though, was my sister, who not only has her degree in psychology, but also went through my parents' divorce, and has been married for 15+ years. So I'm OK with all that now. Whew!

In other news, Thursday night I slammed my phone in my car door accidentally. It fell out of my pocket just as I was closing my door. Owell, my replacement phone has a camera, which my old one didn't... guess that sort of justifies the $50 deductible for the insurance.

We also saw Harry Potter this weekend. First movie I've seen in a while. #4 was my favorite book, and, although the movie felt rushed, it was probably my favorite movie (although #3 was a strong contender for the movie). Still, I left it with kind of a "meh" feeling. It was fun, I'll probably buy the DVD, but I can't necessarily say I'd recommend it unless you are a fan of the series. At least not as passionately as I'd recommend Serenity or Wallace & Gromit. I think it was well cast, though.

4 comments:

David Larsen, fine artist said...

Listen, I've been married for five years, and I like it. In fact, the thought of even being single again makes me kind of sick.

Everyone seems to like Heidi -- hell, I even like Heidi and I've never actually met her. She seems like a good catch, and you two seem real good together. I would not be afraid of any next steps if I were you.

Just my two cents as a regular reader.

John said...

Hehehe, you sound like my sister. Yeah, that panic is gone, and now the "weddings are expensive" panic is beginning to creep in.

David Larsen, fine artist said...

Speaking of Battlestar Galactica, Julie and I rented the first season last week and watched them all. We are totally hooked. Unfortunately, second season is almost over. We don't know if we should wait until it comes out on DVD, or just pick up where it is now and watch the rest of the season. It is quite a dilemma for us.

John said...

Muhuhuhahahaha! Another minion! But anyway, the midseason ended with a major cliffhanger and won't start until January. I'd talk it up with friends and try to find the guy who has it recorded. Barring that, I'd start watching, just knowing that there's a lot of angst you've missed. You'll get all caught up with the "When did they get back on the ship?" and "Which Sharon is that?" but you'll figure it out.