Sunday, June 11, 2006

An Actor I Dig (#2 in an Ongoing Series)

Peter Cullen is a man I don't think I've ever seen, but I've heard frequently. He has a powerful voice that is deep and rich and fatherly, and has been wasted on Eeyore in the New Winnie the Pooh cartoon series. He's made himself a good living with his voice for decades, but I, and pretty much any guy in his mid-late twenties to their early thirties (OK, I'm in my mid thirties, but I'm a geek), will remember him as one person and one person only: Optimus Prime. The subtle tones with which he portrays emotional depth (OK, he's doing cartoons, but still, just listen to him), are an inspiration. I want to sit at the feet of Optimus Prime and listen to how he does it.

Incidentally, finding an announcement for this on rottentomatoes was what started this whole search off.

No comments: