Thursday, March 01, 2007

2007 Goals, Update 2

In keeping with the tradition, I'm posting my updates about my goals. Not a huge amount to report, but there are stirrings and echoes of various cool things coming together. In any case, seeing how little things have progressed is keeping me accountable to do some crap about it.

1. Get at least 5 union voiceover gigs: Not so much.
2. Get one national gig: Not so much.
3. Get at least three agents in the local market: I have one; no change from late last year.
4. Get into both SAG and AFTRA: Bupkus
5. Drop my bodyfat to 12%: We've been going to the Y every weekday at 5AM. It's just beginning to become less difficult, although we tend to be pretty wiped out during the week. My pants don't really feel any looser yet, but my shirts feel a little tighter, so it's a start.
6. Travel at least four times: 1 down, 3 to go
7. Get my headshots done: Bupkus
8. Join the Fighting 501st: I'm waiting till it's warmer before I can set up a card table in the garage and get to work.
9. Make enough with voiceover that one of us can quit our day job: Not so much. Heidi just got a really cool new job though, so this might not be as big a priority.
10. Brew at least four batches of beer: I've ordered a Hefeweisen kit (one of my favorite styles of beer), but I don't have a schedule for when I want to do it. This month is a pretty likely candidate.
11. Read the Bible from beginning to end: So far, I'm doing really well with this. I'm not using it for vocal warmups anymore, although I'd like that to change. But it's good to read and ponder on the train into the city.

So, plans for this month: Brew. Get a whole mess of postcards and start sending them out to the ad agencies here in the city. Keep working out. Keep reading and praying.

No comments: