Friday, June 24, 2005

Batman

Heidi and I saw Batman Begins on Wednesday. Freakin' outstanding. Everything I had hoped a Batman movie should be. Best one yet. But here's my dilemma. They ended it on a note that makes for a perfect segway into the first Batman movie: they introduced the Joker, or at least his calling card. Yeah, but in the first Batman movie, Bruce Wayne's parents were killed by the Joker as a young man, not just some desperate schmoe. Also, y'know, this was just a hell of a lot better. I want to see the sequel done, but this way. I want to see Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman, I want to see Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon, I want to see Michael Caine as Alfred, I want to see whoever produced and directed this continue to do so. Crap, I want to continue to see this Batmobile! So what I want to know is what's going to be done with this Batman? There has to be a sequel, but how are they going to do it?

Grrr, I hate it when this happens. I know it'll be years until I find this out. Owell, I'm sure I'll forget it when Fantastic Four comes out.

No comments: