Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lost

So I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I'd heard a lot about this show, and it edged out Battlestar Galactica in the emmy nomination race, so I figured it was worth looking at. My friend Chris from LA was obsessed with it, and I trust his opinion on a lot of films and TV. However, all the episodes I'd caught on live TV, I'd caught at the wrong time, and they didn't grab me. So I knew Heidi's sister was obsessed, and I knew she was getting the DVD's of Season1 for Christmas, so I figured I'd bide my time. And I did. When we were over at Heidi's family's home on New Year's Eve, we started watching, just so I could see what was going on. Heidi and I finished the first season in three days.

I knew the second season was half over, and going to restart last night, and I wasn't sure what to do, but Chris to the rescue, he recommended I download the shows from iTunes. He warned me of the cost, which was noticible ($18 for 9 shows), but worthwhile. I was caught up in time to start the new shows live.

For those already obsessed with Battlestar Galactica through my recommendation (Heidi calls them my "minions"), this is very different, but just as good. the first season of this is actually significantly better than the first season of BSG, but the second season of BSG got better, and the second season of Lost is teetering just a tiny bit, so they're now on equal par.

Although I hate to recommend yet another scheduled timesink, I really recommend this one as well.

No comments: