Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

We stayed at Heidi's parents' last night, having spent most of the evening watching the first season of Lost (there had been different plans; they fell through). We got up ealry because I had to work at chuch this morning, and, as we were driving east at 7:00 am, we saw a gorgeous sunrise. This is how to start the New Year: watching a beautiful sunrise, with my finacee by my side, heading to serve God.

Anyway, I hate New Years resoultions, because they're meausred by how quickly you break them. I prefer goals, so you can look back at the year and see how successful you were. Here are some goals for the upcoming year:
  1. Get Married (a no-brainer)
  2. Move to a new place (also pretty much a no-brainer)
  3. Get a different job
  4. Get back in the gym, and establish a regular routine
  5. Get at least one Voice-over gig
  6. Brew at least three batches of beer
  7. Travel at least four times (two of those are in the works now)
  8. Write a script (doesn't have to be long, just has to be finished)
  9. Read the Bible from beginning to end (pretty easy to do, just need to re-establish the routine).
Hopefully, having things online will establish some level of accountability. Here's looking forward to what promises to be a year of quite significant change. And in this case, change is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not liking where you live? Or is the moving to coincide with the getting married?

John said...

I like where I live for me, but it's a place to leave for someplace better. Also, it's not big enough for two.