Monday, September 12, 2005

An actor I dig

I just finished the last episode of Firefly (and I highly recommend it to freakin' anyone) last night, in anticipation of the movie. I think it's a good thing I saw it now as opposed to earlier, because I have less time to wait for the movie to come out, and it'll still be fresh in my mind when I see the movie. In any case, I've come to really dig one of the lead characters in it: Wash. Not so much the character (although the character is brilliantly written and played), but the actor who plays him, Alan Tudyk. For reference, he also played Steve the Pirate in the movie Dodgeball, and did a few voices in Ice Age. From interviews and his own acting, he seems like he'd be a great guy to act with. What's really cool, though, is his current work. He's just filled in for Hank Azaria in Spamalot, which is f'n genius. Don't get me wrong, Hank Azaria has some monstrously huge shoes to fill for that show, but I think if anyone could do it, Alan Tudyk has the right attitude, voice, and skill to do so.

No comments: