Thursday, September 29, 2005

Serenity NOW!

Yes, I'm not the first to use the Seinfeld reference, and I won't be the last. Anyway, I get a few hits on this blog from people I do know, and evidently a few more from people I don't (just spent a good amount of time on Statcounter, and I can see the rough location of where people log in, and I don't know people in some of those areas, so let me officially tip my hat to y'all). So anyway, this is an important weekend for me. Yes, it's my first vacation with Heidi, and that's very important but somewhat irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make. Go see Serenity. Go see it this weekend. Even if you never saw Firefly, go see Serenity. I haven't seen it yet myself, but from everything I've heard, you (meaning nearly anybody) will like it a lot, and I really want this show to get the support it deserves (whereas I, who really likes the show to begin with, will have select organs explode with delight). Supposedly, if the film makes $80 million, Universal will sign for a three-picture deal, which would ROCK. Ideally, the goal would be to get the show back on the air, on some network that's not going to screw it over (there are numerous websites that can give you the story of how FOX bent Firefly over and gave it the business).

Yes, Heidi and I will be in rural-touristy northern Wisconsin, but, as God is my witness, we will find a movie theatre that is playing Serenity this weekend, if we have to hit the late show Sunday night on our way back.

No comments: