Wednesday, September 28, 2005

John's Advice: Never get a VW Beetle

My headlight burnt out. This isn't an uncommon occurrance, since I have daytime running lights; this happens a lot. Every 6-8 months. Never mind that when I had the Saturn, I drove it a lot more, and it had daytime running lights, and I think I changed the headlights once in seven years. But I digress. It would be one thing if the headlights went out, and I could go to the car parts store, spend $15 on a new headlight bulb (VW parts are remarkably expensive, too), and fix it myself, but it's not that thing. It's the thing where you have to take the entire f'n fender off in order to change the headlight, so you have to not only have the inconvenience of bringing the thing in, but also get charged $70 for the priviledge of having two functional headlights (at least until April or May). Yes, getting a different car is creeping up in the priority list, but there's an abundance of financial priorities these days.

Grrrrr.

No comments: