Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Addiction

I think I'm addicted to caffeine. Now, there's no surprise there, but I think I'm really heavily messed up on caffeine. I find myself increasingly wiped out and in need of more caffeine in order to stay mobile. I'm not looking forward to going cold turkey, but I have this horrible feeling that my options are becoming limited. I'll need to finish off the case-and-a-half of BAWLS that I have in my kitchen, but I need to get that done with quickly and then I have a few days after my upcoming spinal shot where I can be grumpy and headachy and perpetually tired as I go through caffeine withdrawal.

Admittedly, my lack of energy can be blamed on a lot of things: stress, improper nutrition, lack of exercise, whatever. But all those were significantly worse at other points in my life, and only recently have I been constantly wiped out. I am a lot more busy right now, but I'm also downing caffeine like there's no tomorrow. Admittedly, I really like the taste of BAWLS and Coke, and coffee is now supposed to be magnificently good for you.

Meh. Maybe I'll not give up ALL caffeine, but just take it easier and go back to my previous ways, while attempting to reduce stress and increase nutrition and physical activity. Boy that really does sound like I'm addicted. Oy vey.

1 comment:

David Larsen, fine artist said...

Caffeine addiction only takes about four days to break. Plan to be groggy, unpleasant, and to have a nasty headache.