Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to Heidi!

Today is Heidi's birthday. She's not one of those to be embarrassed about her age, but I still won't be the one to tell you what it is. Considering how good she looks, I'd be proclaiming it loudly. But anyway, tonight's activities will probably be very low-key. We'll be going out for Caribbean food, to a place I've never been, and then relaxing at her home for a while. For her gift, I got her something I thought would make a much better impression than it did: I registered a star with the International Star Registry for us. I haven't actually seen the details of where it is, and I doubt it can even be seen with Chicago's light pollution, but it's there for all the world to see. Bright and shining. Much like our luuuuuv.

Update: The star is actually magnitude 11.6, near Deneb, in the constellation of Cygnus. being 11.6, it's invisible to the naked eye. But it's permanent. Much like our luuuuuv.

No comments: