Wednesday, May 17, 2006

BFL Report, Day 66: Dammit, dammit, dammit!

So for the past 66 days I've been psychotically careful about what I ate and when I ate it, I've been obsessive about getting to the gym six days a week, and I've been changing and looking significantly better. Not as good as I'd like, but there's still time. Then my back decides to go nutso on me again. And get this, I'm lifting more weight than I've ever lifted at the gym, but I don't injure myself at the gym, I injure myself putting on my freakin' shorts! And now I'm in too much pain to continue having effective workouts, so 78% of the way through the freakin' program, right when I need to be focused and really push myself, I'm being forced to skip workouts. And probably for the rest of the week. It's pretty likely that I'm going to have to quit the Body for Life Challenge altogether. I can't tell you how infuriating that is. This isn't something I was sucking at, I was doing pretty well. Probably wouldn't have made it to the champion level, but what-the-fuck-ever, I was doing pretty well with this. And then my damn back says, "Um, no." Grrrr. Maybe I should order a pizza.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sorry so hear about your back. My back went out on me too and it was horrible. I couldn't walk straight for two months. I will keep you in my prayers. However, Please don't take this the wrong way. My Brother, please stop swearing and improve your vocabulary, a man with integrity won't use obscene language.

John said...

It's a symptom of extreme frustration.