Monday, May 01, 2006

Goal Update 4

Since I posted my goals at the first of the year, I've been keeping folks apprised of how I'm doing with the whole goal business at the top of each month. In keeping with that tradition...

1. Get Married: We're now getting into the less-fun detail stage of wedding planning. Part of me is glad we have four months to flesh this out, part of me is thinking "we have to do all this in four months?", and part of me just wants the four months to be over now, so we can be in Italy and not have to say goodbye at night.
2. Move to a new place: We've been looking online at a few places. I'm a little concerned about living in the burbs, especially considering how hospitable Heidi is (we both feel that a home isn't a home unless there are people over, most of my friends are in the city, and city people generally fear coming out to the burbs for social occasions). Nevertheless, most of our searches end up being in Schaumburg or Arlington Heights or Rolling Meadows, or that area.
3. Get a different job: Done
4. Get back in the gym, and establish a regular routine: Still coming along, but I want to make sure I'm not going to drop it once this program is over before I can mark this as "Done."
5. Get at least one Voice-over gig: Finished recording the commercial demo, and the narrative demo is coming along pretty well. The demo should be produced in a month or so.
6. Brew at least three batches of beer: Brew #1 is scheduled for May 21st.
7. Travel at least four times: 2 down, 2 to go.
8. Write a script: No progress. Might not get this done. Might surprise myself.
9. Read the Bible from beginning to end: Doing a lot better. This month I've read more than the three previous months put together.

No comments: