Friday, May 26, 2006

Panic and Release

So I have recently realized that there are a lot of things sucking me financially dry as of late, and not as many options as I once thought for extra work, and frankly, I haven't been handling it all that well. No, let me rephrase that. Last night I was freakin' paralyzed with fear. I was staring down the oncoming semi truck. I have options, but nothing like I had hoped. But here's the thing. I woke up this morning, and I wasn't worried. Then I started thinking about things and I got worried again, but as I was lying in bed I decided to trace the root of some of those worries and fears. I ended up getting over not only the worst of that fear, but some sense of betrayal that I had felt back in my early 20's, some lingering feelings of self-hatred, and got on to forgiving my father and brother for some crap that went on when I was a wee lad. It's really interesting how our emotions layer, one on top of another, protecting yourself from the agony of the protective layer below it.

Am I still concerned about the next few months? Yep. It's gonna be tight, and I want go on our honeymoon without worrying about how much it's all costing us, but y'know, right now, I'm doing OK. Heidi and I both have pretty good jobs, we just got a freakin' stunningly beautiful place, and we have each other. Besides, uncertainty is all part of the adventure of life, is it not?

1 comment:

Tracy Lee V said...

I'm glad God's giving you some of that peace we prayed for last night. And no more long looks at semi-trucks, man. You've got a great life...and God's doing great things in it...
And your honeymoon will be one of the greatest trips of your life. The money will come. The memories are forever. PRICELESS! (and just think, two incomes!)